Monday 12 November 2012

Celestial

Greetings!  On November 11th, we observe Veteran's Day in the United States of America, so I am dedicating the celestial inspired artwork in this post to all my family, friends, and others whom have dedicated their lives to protect our country.  May God bless these people whom are celestial in their own right.

23 - La Luna
© Arnoldo L. Romero 2012
35 - Las Estrellas
© Arnoldo L. Romero 2012
46 - El Sol
© Arnoldo L. Romero 2012
As you may be aware of, I've been working on a series of tags inspired by the Mexican version of "Bingo" called "Loteria."  The three calling cards in the deck with celestial illustrations are the moon, the star(s), and the sun.  I used some hand painted papers that I made a while back to create anthropomorphic collages.  All the hand drawing was done with a micron pen.  I created the tag bases for my collage designs by using a hole punch and two different corner punches.  The titles and card numbers were done free hand.  As a finishing touch, I added a strip of ribbon using a lark's head knot.

I hope you enjoy my tags as much as I did designing them.  Thank you for all your thoughtful comments on my tag last week.  In closing, I'd like to leave you with a prayer for all those in the armed forces.
Almighty God, we commend to your gracious care and keeping, all the men and women of our armed forces at home and abroad.  Defend them day by day with your heavenly grace; strengthen them in all their trials and temptations; give them courage to face the perils which beset them; and grant them a sense of your abiding presence wherever they may be; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

From the Episcopal/Anglican Book of Common Prayer

14 comments:

  1. Lovely tags! Nice post too-- I have lots of veterans in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags Arnoldo - Amen to the prayer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags and a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to base your cards on the Loteria game. I just had to look it up and I am wondering if I could ever have to time to do something as wonderful as this myself. Three great cards, your drawings are marvelous I wish I could draw faces like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tags - love your images - very stylish!
    Amen to the prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the faces on these tags Arnoldo, especially the middle one with the 2 stars and I love the way you have created the white painted clouds on the dark sky in the dark side panels very effective :) also your prayer is so hearfelt..Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please accept my sincere admiration and thanks for creating such a wonderfully complex tag. It is a masterpeice. We are truly blessed to have your art on display. The prayer for military persons was very thoughtful as well. I have a friend who is Anglican and he will be blessed to have a caopy of it.
    Psalm 91 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to that Arnoldo - blessed work :0))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue backgrounds and the magical quality of your tags, Arnoldo. It's always wonderful to have you participate in our Opus Gluei challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful tags!!! Love your background color. The orange/yellow sun really pops against the background blue. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your art always evokes such a positive feeling when I see it and you are so blessed with the talent to share visually. These figures pop on those backgrounds, thank you so much for choosing to inspire us over at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/